World Governance Expedition 2019 | Selection Process
World Governance Expedition is designed for individuals who are:
- Social and political leaders in their communities
- Policy practitioners, scholars and consultants
- Social entrepreneurs and innovators
- Students of public policy, international studies and related fields
- Enthusiasts of governance, policy-making and development
Step 1 – Email Application
The online email application consists of objective and subjective questions, to be mandatorily answered by all interested applicants. Give it your best shot!
Step 2 – Telephonic Interview:
Based on the online application, selected delegates will qualify for a telephonic interview with the members of the addmissions team.
Step 3 – Skype/Telephonic Interview:
Selected applicants, qualified for the third round, will be interviewed by the core members of the selection committee.
Phase 1 Deadline – August 31, 2019
Phase 2 Deadline – September 15, 2019
Selection on Rollings Basis! Early applications are advisable owing to the high registrations.
What do we assess in a delegate?
- Past experiences which demonstrate an interest in public affairs
- Leadership potential to bring an impact in their communities
- The relevance of this program to their professional interests
- You should have completed at least one year of university education to be eligible for this program
- You should be able to speak, read and write in English comfortably
- You should have an Indian passport (or equivalent document) to be able to travel to Singapore
After you get selected:
- After the 3rd round of interview, the shortlisted applicants would be intimated by e-mail.
- If finally selected, you will be asked to deposit a non-refundable fee of INR 30,000, to secure a place in WGE.
- You will receive a confirmation letter along with details about the visa process, based on which you can apply for the visa.
- You will be asked to deposit the complete program costs (given below) to confirm your participation, upon the receipt of your visa.
- The program cost is ₹ 99.9k (excluding GST)
- It includes local travel in Singapore, accommodation and meals, tickets and passes for projects, and, merchandise and course material.
- Limited scholarships between ₹20,000 and ₹40,000 are available on a merit-cum-need basis.
Early registrations are advisable owing to the limited scholarships.
It is useful to complete the application process at the earliest so that you can proceed for tickets and visa, if selected.
Selected delegates will receive a confirmation letter within a week of the in-person interview. To confirm your participation, you must deposit a non-refundable registration amount of ₹30,000. Once you have the travel documents (visa and passport) ready, you can deposit the remaining amount. The last date for depositing the complete amount will be communicated after the selection.