World Governance Expedition 2019 | Selection Process
World Governance Expedition is designed for individuals who are:
- Social and political leaders in their communities
- Policy practitioners, scholars and consultants
- Social entrepreneurs and innovators
- Students of public policy, international studies and related fields
- Enthusiasts of governance, policy-making and development
Step 1 – Email Application
The online email application consists of objective and subjective questions, to be mandatorily answered by all interested applicants. Give it your best shot!
Step 2 – Telephonic Interview:
Based on the online application, selected delegates will qualify for a telephonic interview with the members of the addmissions team.
Step 3 – Skype/Telephonic Interview:
Selected applicants, qualified for the third round, will be interviewed by the core members of the selection committee.
Phase 1 Deadline – August 31, 2019
Phase 2 Deadline – September 15, 2019
Selection on Rollings Basis! Early applications are advisable owing to the high registrations.
What do we assess in a delegate?
- Past experiences which demonstrate an interest in public affairs
- Leadership potential to bring an impact in their communities
- The relevance of this program to their professional interests
- You should have completed at least one year of university education to be eligible for this program
- You should be able to speak, read and write in English comfortably
- You should have an Indian passport (or equivalent document) to be able to travel to Singapore
After you get selected:
- After the 3rd round of interview, the shortlisted applicants would be intimated by e-mail.
- If finally selected, you will be asked to deposit a non-refundable fee of INR 30,000, to secure a place in WGE.
- You will receive a confirmation letter along with details about the visa process, based on which you can apply for the visa.
- You will be asked to deposit the complete program costs (given below) to confirm your participation, upon the receipt of your visa.
- The program cost is ₹ 99.9k (excluding GST)
- It includes local travel in Singapore, accommodation and meals, tickets and passes for projects, and, merchandise and course material.
- Limited scholarships between ₹20,000 and ₹40,000 are available on a merit-cum-need basis.
Early registrations are advisable owing to the limited scholarships.