World Governance Expedition Spring 2019 | Selection Process
World Governance Expedition is designed for individuals who are:
- Social and political leaders in their communities
- Policy professionals, including researchers and public officials
- Entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs
- University students and young policy enthusiasts
- Non-profit professionals, journalists, and explorers
- Step 1 – Email Application
- Step 2 – Skype/Telephonic Interview
- Step 3 – In person/ Video Interview
Phase 1 Deadline – February 05, 2019
Phase 2 Deadline – February 12, 2019
Selection on Rollings Basis! Early applications are advisable owing to the high registrations.
You can also nominate a person you think is appropriate for the expedition.
What do we assess in a delegate?
- Past experiences which demonstrate interest in public affairs
- Leadership potential to bring an impact in their communities
- Relevance of this program to their professional interests
- You should have completed at least one year of university education to be eligible for this program
- You should be able to speak, read and write in English comfortably
- You should have an Indian passport (or equivalent document) to be able to travel to Israel.
- At the time of travel, your age should be 40 years or below.
- The World Governance Expedition should be your first visit to Israel.
After you apply:
- If shortlisted for the 3rd round, you will be asked for an in-person/video interview
- If finally selected, you will be asked to deposit a non-refundable fee of INR 20,000, to secure a place in WGE.
- You will receive a confirmation letter based on which you can apply for the visa.
- You will be asked to deposit the complete program costs (given below) to confirm your participation, upon the receipt of your visa.
- The program cost is ₹ 1.65 Lacs (excluding GST)
- It includes international airfare, gratis visa, all meals, accommodation and local travel in Israel, merchandise and course material, orientation and convocation in New Delhi etc.
- Scholarships between ₹20,000 and ₹80,000 are available on a merit basis.
Early registrations are advisable owing to the limited scholarships.
It is useful to complete the application process at the earliest so that you can proceed for tickets and visa, if selected.
Selected delegates will receive a confirmation letter within a week of the in-person interview. To confirm your participation, you must deposit a non-refundable registration amount of ₹20,000. Once you have the travel documents (visa and passport) ready, you can deposit the remaining amount. The last date for depositing the complete amount will be communicated after the selection.