Effective writing is a key skill in a changemaker’s toolkit. Articles, in particular, are a powerful medium to raise awareness for the causes you care for and amplify the impact of your work. Writing persuasive pieces translates your insights and vision into compelling content that informs decision makers and influences public opinion.
i2I: Article Writing Workshop is a 15-hour module to hone your ability to communicate with clarity and precision. Through interactions with stalwarts and a practical, hands-on pedagogy, we explore key insights and techniques needed at every stage of writing – from brainstorming ideas to identifying target platforms.
Over the course of two intensive days, the workshop will cover:
- Components of an article: Language, Components, Structure, Tone, and Audience.
- Content ecosystem: Understanding portals, influence and audience profiles.
- The three R’s of pre-writing: Reading, Research and Reflection
- Article writing styles: Thematic, Argumentative, Balanced.
- Critically analyze articles: Opinions, Biases, Arguments, Narratives.
- Steps in article writing: Key arguments, Article outline, First draft, Proofreading, and Submission guidelines.
- Hands-on Pedagogy: Write an article with a guided first-principles approach.
- Publishing an article: Requesting feedback, Targeting platforms, Submission guidelines.